Search This Blog

Wednesday, 28 April 2010

I've Had Some News

Today my agent contacted me and said they've heard back from the publishing house they sent my book to. It is being considered. Can you believe that? Me - having a book I wrote considered by a major publishing house. I am stunned. There is still a long way to go yet as there are many more stages to go through, but I am in a state of shock that it wasn't rejected out of hand.

I will be on a little bit of a high today due to this as it is a huge boost to my confidence and will help me get motivated enough to finish my other two books. One is almost finished and third is is its very early stages. I haven't had time to get back to either of them due to setting up this blog and now the website, which is proving to be very much harder than I ever thought it would be.

Today will be a half day off for me now, I think I deserve it and with that lovely news to start the day, what better time than to go out and relax and enjoy life a little bit. Hopefully, I shall have someone to help me with the website shortly and I'll keep you posted on those developments.

I shall keep both the blog and the website up and running alongside each other so we can showcase as many people as possible. With the two sites running together and promoting each other it'll help get more attention and readers for all of us. Besides, the more of us there are taking part worldwide, the more of us there are to promote it.

Anyway, I am off to enjoy my lovely news for a day as who knows what the next stage may bring. For now, I am just enjoying all the good things and not getting to excited. A little excited maybe, but trying not to get too hopeful. Have a great day yourselves,
Lorraine

POSTSCRIPT : I just had another line from agents. They haven't asked for whole MS, just said they're considering the book. Very deflated again now.

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic news! Congratulations, and keep us posted on your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be deflated - if they haven't rejected it, there's still a chance. Crossing my fingers and toes for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Positive, positive, positive. Your new mantra Lorraine! Lots of us rooting for you. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news Lorraine! All good wishes, you deserve it. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very best of luck, Lorraine - you certainly deserve success, dear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This industry is so full of ups and downs. This is a great success and means your writing has reached a level that the big guys will look at it seriously. Good luck and keep writing. I personally find the best way to knock back the waiting jitters is to work on something else.

    ReplyDelete