Search This Blog

Tuesday, 1 June 2010

Voting - Closing dates

Voting is going very well and I think we need to make sure everyone knows the closing dates for both sites to vote. On the website, voting will close at midnight 15th June and on the blog, it will be on 24th June.

The voting on the website is very even and going well. The same can't be said for the ones on the blog though. Two books are getting tremendous support, which is wonderful, but there are a couple with no votes at all. This shows me that some who we are trying to help and showcase are not helping promote themselves. I would like to see all the authors getting a little more support from their friends and family too.

I do know someone has voted for someone apart from themselves though. I must say, I am rather surprised at how one or two people can't seem to be bothered helping to promote themselves. It has made me realise the importance of choosing our authors wisely for the future. You must realise that in the publishing world today, one has to be seen to be trying to help themselves as much as possible.

There are a lot of authors who were given the right to post short, interesting articles on the blog and yet only a couple do so. I am, therefore, going to change some of these people and so if any of you reading this would like to take part on this blog by publishing posts, please let me or Steve Jensen know.

We remind you there is to be no swearing, adult content or rudeness aimed at another. This is for entertainment for all ages. Please be careful of copyright rules also. They can be seen in the Writers' and Artists' Yearbook for those who aren't sure.

I have also had a problem with one or two authors who, despite several reminders, have not let me have their details for inclusion next month. This is a total waste of my time. From now on, I will impose a deadline on people wishing to be featured. If you are invited (at your request or ours)to be featured, you must make sure we have all that is needed within one week of the invitation or your place will go to someone else without notice. Extension on that may be given at our discretion for deserving cases.

I think some forget we are volunteers doing this and have our own books to write and edit. The more organised we can be in advance, the more time we have to do our work as well. Please be mindful of this when asked to submit your details. Thank you.

Keep voting and good luck to those with your books on both sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment