Search This Blog

Monday, 19 July 2010

Notes on Publishing Using Kindle

Some of us have thought of publishing via Amazon's Kindle service. You can publish anything you want via this service - albeit it only comes out electronically - but then many people think that this is the wave of the future. I've thought of using it for the upcoming collection of Paul Powers stories, but I'm holding out because I want to investigate a service that will print both a hard-bound book AND an electronic book. (Yes, Amazon offers a book-publishing service as well now. But then a lot of places do.) There's also the chance that I could get a "real" publisher to publish the stories but frankly I'm not sold on that idea. I haven't had good luck with publishers and, honestly, I feel like I could do just a good a job with the marketing and distribution with an electronic book.

Laurie Powers

More here (courtesy Laurie's Wild West)

No comments:

Post a Comment