Search This Blog

Tuesday, 9 November 2010

Is Your Publicity Doing You Any Good?

Side note from Lori: Can you believe this is the 500th post on the AOS blog? Guess we had a lot to share!)

Have you ever wondered if your publicity is effective? I’v e heard many prospects sing the same song: “I’ve done PR in the past and I’ve had articles published. I’ve been quoted in a few places, but I don’t know if it has done any good?”

That’s a good question. How can you measure PR, especially if you are a small business, speaker, author, consultant or coach and not a big brand-name company? Fortunately, there are guideposts to tell you if you are going in the right direction.

Dan Janal

Read more (courtesy Selling Books

2 comments:

  1. I know for a fact that mine doesn't! Months of blog posts, tweets and Facebook entries haven't made any impact on sales at all. Difficult to know whether to persevere or just admit that this is all rather narcissitic and nothing else.

    Philip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good post and the 500th?!

    Some of mine is working it seems, whilst the rest doesn't seem to materialise. I live in hope.

    ReplyDelete