Search This Blog

Wednesday, 24 November 2010

The Underfed Thanksgiving Market

November, which means Thanksgiving is just around the corner. While deleting my inbox of last month’s old messages I noticed some new Release announcements from various authors, and that several of these were for Halloween-oriented titles. Over the years I have noticed publishers, and especially epubs, offer a lot of seasonal titles come holiday times. Not just for Halloween but other holidays, too, though most especially for Easter, July 4th, Valentines Day and Christmas. Strangely, however, there’s not a whole lot of pickings come Thanksgiving. I’m not really sure why this is, but in a way it is kind of sad that this very important American holiday seems so overlooked by the publishing world.

And as I pondered on this, I concluded readers are being sadly neglected. Heck, there’s plenty to Romanticize about when it comes to Thanksgiving. And the creative author, put to the test, could come up with something very delectable to offer the holiday theme tastes of the hungry reader.

Read more (courtesy Aphrodisia Authors)

No comments:

Post a Comment