Search This Blog

Saturday, 4 December 2010

Back to normal...finally

Since my last Dell desktop kicked the bucket at the end of October, I'd been stuck in netbook hell. We're talking 7 inch LED and itty bitty keys, not to mention slower than a snail's pace and forget downloading anything. If I didn't have bifocals and have the option of enlarging the text, I'd been lost for sure.

Anyway, after shopping around, and since I had a perfectly good keyboard and monitor (19 inches ), and just bought a new mouse about a month before the desktop took its last breath, there was no point in getting an entire new system when all I needed was the tower. I found a great deal on a Dell Optiplex GX150 SD Desktop PIII Computer. Not fancy, but I didn't want all the bells and whistles anyway. I got my Windows XP as the operating system, and Open Office. After a few slow starts, this thing is working great, and it's awesome to be on a desktop again!

No comments:

Post a Comment