Search This Blog

Friday, 10 December 2010

First Author Signed Thanks to AOS


What wonderful news about our own Lori. When starting Authors on Show this May, I hoped it would help struggling authors to get representation and publicity for themselves and their books. Little did I realise, that it would grow from one page to the two wonderful sites they are today or that we would be doing all we are for our authors.

From one woman, the team has rapidly grown and I couldn't have any better than we have here. Lori is amazing with her blog posts and entertainment news. Where she finds all the information she gives us is beyond me, but she is quite outstanding in all she does and so I am delighted she is the first of our authors to be 'spotted' and taken on. We wish her all the luck in the world and the agent who has found her has picked themselves a rare diamond indeed..

We have Stella, who not only offers her editing skills initially free of charge to those who ask for her help, but she is the one who goes through our submissions and lets me bounce ideas off her about the whole site. She also grounds me and tells me off when I overwork taking on extra work sometimes to help me out.

Soooz has been a brilliant addition too with her weekly articles which inform, help and are always of great interest. Weren't we lucky when she agreed to come on board? The same can be said of  Louise and Charlotte who do our interviews for us. A mix here of published authors, agents and publishing houses, these interviews are set to expand more in the coming year.

Then we have Sessha who had the excellent idea of a flash fiction competition each week. That has been a tremendously popular move and is only on hold due to many writers being caught up in NaNoWriMo. Sessha has been keeping us updated on some of the people taking part and their progress.The flash fiction is due to start again soon you'll all be pleased to hear.

The only man to be a part of our team is Steve Jensen who designed our wonderful logos. He isn't with us now as he has moved onto other things, but still comes riding to our rescue like a knight in shining armour when he sees the need.

Basically, Authors on Show is like a huge extended family where we all help each other wherever we see a need. One person asks and the whole family jump in to help and support. I thank each and every one of you for making us the success we are today and for having nominated us for the competition that we find ourselves to be finalists in. I am proud of and grateful to each and every single one of our team and authors without exception and hope Lori is the first of many success stories to be found through our pages.

If we don't make the top 10 in the competition, than we have already won anyway as AOS and our main site Authors on Show have exceeded the expectations I had when the idea was a little seed in my mind and it's thanks to all of you. Every team member, writer and reader is equally as important as each other so I thank each and every one of you for being so supportive and being part of our family.

We look forward to helping more of you in the coming year and if we have anything to do with it, we'll see lots more of you being published. May the team and I take this opportunity as well to wish each and every one of our writers and our readers a wonderful happy and peaceful Christmas with a healthy, happy New Year full of lovely things you all wish for, for yourselves and your family.

To read more about Our Team, CLICK HERE

2 comments:

  1. I was so happy to hear the news about Lori. She is one of the most active people I've gotten the privilege to know. I think that she was a fine addition to AOS staff and that its success is largely a part of her ability to network as well as the quality of the articles and contributors. Good show -- all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...you all are making me blush. Nothing's official until I've signed on the dotted line, however. The good news is that Night Publishing is still working on getting out 'The Cruiserweight'(if I get a nice deal, I'm welcome to withdraw the book, according to Tim) and I'm set to be featured on the Authonomy blog around or on January 24. Looks like the upcoming virtual tour is getting off to a running start. Personal appearances are still being worked on and confirmed dates will be posted on my site.

    ReplyDelete