Search This Blog

Sunday, 10 April 2011

Lori's Commentary: 'The Cruiserweight' - On the Air!

As authors, being interviewed is just part of promoting our books and reaching fans. In my case, I've been on both sides of interviews, both as a subject and interviewing others of interest.

Last weekend, The Cruiserweight was a quasi-centerpiece of sorts in observance of WrestleMania 27. One of those stops was my being one of three guests on the April 2 broadcast of WrestleView Radio's The Teachers Lounge, co-hosted by David Stephens and my fellow Pittsburgher "The Mister V" Anthony Valvo.

Though I've granted several print interviews since 2009, The Teachers Lounge was only my second online radio interview. My first radio appearance was October 2010 on Page Readers.

Anthony and David are great interviewers, and they've had plenty of practice. They've previously interviewed other writers and professional wrestlers, including Ring of Honor Wrestler and NWA World Heavyweight Champion Colt Cabana, TNA Superstar Hernandez, Isis The Amazon (formerly Aloisia of WWE), Crystal Mai of Diva-Dirt.com, along with WrestleView personalities Jose Marrero ("Wrestling Rumblings" and FYB Radio host), Matt O'Brien ("Notes from the Nosebleeds"), Josh Boutwell (TNA Recapper and "Viva La Raza" columnist), CJ Bowman (The Velvet Room radio show co-host), Nicholas Gray (The Velvet Room radio show co-host), and Editor in Chief Adam Martin, who was a guest host.

With such a strong list of past guests, one would think I'd feel intimidated, but such wasn't the case. I was very comfortable with both guys, chatting for a few minutes before going on the air, and let me get in a few plugs for some other sites and writers with whom I'm affiliated. Eventually, the interview turned into David and embarking on a Paul London discussion (which may have been a sneaky plan by both guys all along before we hit the air). I didn't mind, though; it's always nice to discuss other subjects other than our books during interviews. I like to think doing such keeps readers/listeners interested in what you have to say.

I would like to thank both Anthony and David for inviting me onto their show this past week and wish them much more future success. If you didn't have the opportunity to hear the free edition of their show this week, here is the direct link to download The Teachers Lounge featuring my interview. In case you miss this article, the link will also be available on the Interview and Feature Archives page of my web site at http://www.lannecarrington.com.

As always, I welcome your feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment