Search This Blog

Wednesday, 22 June 2011

Linn B. Hilton

What's on Your Bookshelf?

What's on your bookshelf? I think it's fair to say we all have at least a dozen books that we've probably never read and maybe have no intention of reading either. This is just a small area of a large bookshelf in my office which contains a huge variety of genre, fiction and non-fiction, reference, chick-lit, paranormal, thrillers and yes, you can even see my own book on there, too. These books mean something to me; they are ones I have chosen to buy and therefore possess. They represent who I am. If you looked through them you'd see that I like a selection of subjects and not necessarily always of a paranormal essence. 

The top shelf is however packed with reference books about the paranormal, mediumship and psychic ability. I bought a lot of these when I was researching for Discovery at Rosehill. I've even read some of them.

Every now and then I grab a book from these shelves and remind myself why I bought it in the first place. I've recently finished a very well researched and well written paranormal romance by a talented author known as            Linn B. Hilton. The book, Touched by the Light, is in hard-back and I'd actually forgotten how good it feels to hold a hard-back book in my hands. I guess I've been spending too much time with my Kindle recently, but to turn the crisp, clean pages of this book was a delightful pleasure.
Because this book was so cleverly researched, I had to pause and think which shelf it belonged to. I'm a little obsessed when it comes to having the right books on the right shelves and spend an awfully long time rearranging them when I feel they're amongst the wrong genre or subject matter. But Touched by the Light confused me in the most fascinating way possible. I'm obviously not going to give the plot away because I truly recommend it - it's a fabulous "summer read" if you're looking for one - but because of the twists and turns and ingenious way the author has penned it, I was totally taken by surprise about three-quarters of the way through.

So there I was, pondering which shelf to put it on; the fiction one was best of course, but it was so vividly imaginative, that I wanted to put it next to my paranormal reference books. In other words, what I'm saying is that this book will fit on any bookshelf, amongst any other well written literature. Now my bookshelves look messy again; another excuse to sort through the books and see which ones I haven't read. On the fourth shelf there are a number of fiction chick-lit novels which I save for those long summer days in the garden, not that we get many of those up here in Northumberland, but you know what I mean. Touched by the Light, on the other hand, is a book I could read at any time of year, any time of day and anywhere I lay my hat.

Linn B. Halton's novel, Touched by the Light, can be bought through Amazon


She also hosts a fabulous website called loveahappyending.com which launches on 29th June 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment